I'm a guy.Quizzes don't intrigue me all that much at my age, and I was forced to suffer through enough of them in school to last me my lifetime. These memes seem mostly to appeal to women, but I can't resist a quiz that allows me to relate an anecdote. So here I go -
1. Of the following, which one best describes you at your worst? (You can't select "None of the above!")
a. One who doesn't finish what he/she starts
b. One who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk
c. One who always finds the worst in a situation
This is me for sure. Give me any situation, and I can make it worse.
d. One who generally knows what's right but does what's wrong
2. Not counting shows like Saturday morning cartoons designed specifically for kids, what single show that you grew up watching religiously is now the one you most hate to sit through?
Gilligan's Island - as a teenager I couldn't get enough of the show; now I think it's a truckload of tripe - and I hate tripe. (As for the Tina Louise vs. Maryann controversy - remember that? - Maryann was the one that did it for me.)
3. Have you ever been so angry with a company that you swore you'd never do business with them again? If so, did you keep that promise?
Anecdote time - we used to eat at Burger King, until the day we ordered burgers and fries. Reaching our car (we loved eating in the car) we discovered that one of the burgers was lacking a bun bottom. Bonnie returned to the counter, handed a clerk the partially unwrapped burger, and asked with some asperity, "Can you tell me what's wrong with this burger?" The clerk inspected it and said "Tee-hee. Part of the bun is missing. Do you want one?" Restraining the urge to snap "Hell, no, we enjoy getting grease all over our fingers", Bonnie replied "Yes, please, that would be nice." We have not eaten at Burger King since.
4. Take this quiz: Are you psychic?
You Are 60% Psychic
You are pretty psychic.
While you aren't Miss Cleo, you've got a little ESP going on.
And although you're sometimes off on your predictions...
You're more often right than wrong
So go with your instincts - you know more than you think
5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #68 from Lily: What's the longest you've talked on the phone in a single phone call, and who were you talking to?
The longest time that I spent on a single phone call was close to 5 hours. My father had called seeking solace over the recent death of my mother, and he really needed to vent his feelings.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #69 from Betty: (She recently returned from a trip to Las Vegas!) How do you feel about gambling?
I have no problem with other people gambling - there are worse vices in the world. I can't gamble; I learned early on that my life was going to be an eternity of lucklessness. I have won only 2 things in my whole life - both music albums. Bonnie and I, when first married, played the football pools for one season, and lost miserably. We could pick winners, but we never did beat the spread. (BTW, these pools were run by our local mob - we had to drop our completed sheets off at the home of the man with whom I worked at Bausch and Lomb on one occasion, and the visit was memorable for the sinister atmosphere which we experienced.)
Well, I guess that's it. Head to Patrick's Place and reveal your innermost secrets.