Monday, March 14, 2005

Shine On Until Tomorrow

Aside: Don't worry, Albert, I'll omit from the tales I tell any mention of real-life grue - there's plenty of that on the news channels.(I could tell some tales to make your scrotum shrivel.) BTW, if you haven't signed up for cable yet, you must! I was a holdout for a long time also; I waited until the mid-90s, but once I did, I didn't look back. I still resent having to pay for television, but there are so many informative shows, even in the standard tier, that I don't regret my decision too awfully.

I truly appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Today's Diatom is vaguely unsettling; the suggestion of demonic visages at the N, E, S, and W positions is there, at least to my eyes, and I had no idea when I was crafting the skeleton that these would occur. I'm just glad I didn't use a hellish shade of red for this. I also note the possibility of images of tortured souls between and slightly below the scowling demons. (Of course, you, the viewer, might see something completely different in this pattern.)

I don't have a lot to say today, other than to mention that I will generally say little or nothing about my wife in this journal. She is protective of her privacy, and I must respect that.

Occasionally I attempt to instruct my mice in the art of singing, a la the Greek chorus in the movie Babe, but they just gaze woefully at me with their large, liquid eyes, as if to say, "You're not very bright, are you?" They sure know how to hurt a guy.

If we are all considerate of others, we'll all shine on. Let it be.

 

 

No comments: