Sunday, March 6, 2005

Sunday Mornin', Comin' Down

Yet another Diatom. This one shares the coarser flesh of #4, and is one that most clearly demonstrates how the orientation of the design component can render either a circular or a straight line.

I spend so much time discussing these creatures because this is the direction in which, for whatever reason, my inner energy is being channeled at this time. I go with the flow, I run with the sun.

I have just finished the largest Diatom so far. It took 4 days to complete, and as I write this another is being born. It never ends. This is true compulsion.

(Note to Albert: the new one is designed with you in mind. I don't know how it will turn out (the Diatoms direct their own growth), but the skeleton has a distinct motif. You got my creative juices flowing, and the new Diatom will be coming shortly, if you know what I mean.)

Time to feed the body as well as the soul. Until next time, be as kind as you can. It will come back to you eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Diatom inspired by moi?  I can't wait!  btw, I'm going to write down the steps to use your FTP space this morning, so maybe you can make your babies bigger in here if you'd like, with no box around them.  --Albert